Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together. Job Description
Olympus designs and manufactures advanced analytical instrumentation, which is cloud connected, and ready for the 21st century. We are looking for an energetic software developer to join our team of engineers working on market leading XRF and XRD products Job Duties
- Design, build, test, and deploy software applications using a range of tools and platforms, including C#, C++, QT/QML on Linux, Windows, iOS and Android platforms.
- Participate closely with team and domain experts in requirements capture, design sessions and regular interactions.
- Work closely with key customers and business stake holders to build a software ecosystem that supports our users’ needs and generates value for Olympus and our customers.
- Be responsive to customer requirements and turn proof-of-concepts ideas into finished products in a timely manner.
- Example projects include:
- UI, middleware, driver implementation, integration and debugging embedded Linux applications on iMX6 or similar class of processors.
- Writing real-time code on arm controller. (K60 or similar)
- Writing full stack application on Azure.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or scientific discipline.
- Minimum 2 years as a professional programmer.
- Strong software development skills including experience in at least some of the following: .NET, Visual Studio, C#, C, C++, SQL, QT, Linux, iOS, Windows.
- Practical experience debugging complex applications.
- Practical experience building/using software APIs
- Practical experience of databases for example (SQL, MongoDB).
- Practical experience of source control tools (preferably GIT) and building code in a shared environment.
- Have a strong and practical sense of innovation. Generate constructive suggestions of new ideas & ways of working to solve difficult technical challenges.
- Communicate effectively with team domain experts, customers, and business leaders.
- Be proficient/familiar with current SW development technologies and curious about new developments that could be used to benefit current or future projects.
- Be adaptable, open-minded and ready to change in a fast evolving environment.
- Independent quick learner.
- Exposure to writing a full stack web application, using Angular, React, Node, Flask or other web technologies a plus.
- Basic electronics skills. Use of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, bus analyzers and other hardware debugging tools desired.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus has manufactured microscopes since the company’s founding in 1919. Today, Olympus is a leading manufacturer of optical and digital microscope systems for life science solutions. Olympus’ Life Sciences division supplies microscope systems for biological use in clinical, research, and educational applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-lifescience.com .
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Waltham ||
Click Here To Apply