Hours per pay period: 40
Schedule: Night Shift
The Medical Technologist has the ability to perform all the tests in the clinical laboratory, familiar with existing techniques and computerized instrumentation. Works with minimum supervision and can use independent judgment. Should have fundamental knowledge of all departments and the ability to rotate is required. Must be knowledgeable of quality control theory and have the ability to use quality control programs accurately. Must be able to systematically troubleshoot a procedure or an instrument. Will operate computerized instrumentation along with a sophisticated robotic automation line.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Accurately performs laboratory procedures from the procurement of the specimen to the reporting out of the results.
- Responsible for high standards of accuracy and quality control at all times.
- Responsible for care and routine maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
- Assist technicians and lab aides if problems occur.
- Draws blood specimens from patients per request orders. Records phlebotomy in logbook with initials, dates and times on all tubes.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field
- Registered in the United States as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist via AMT, HEW or ASCP – OR registry eligible and must become registered within 18 months of hire/transfer date in order to continue in this role
- No prior work experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Primary Location Michigan-Mount Clemens-Mt Clemens Reg Med Center
Work Locations Mt Clemens Reg Med Center 1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens 48043-2920
Job Health Professional
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Standard
Shift Night Job
On Call No
Click Here To Apply