Working Location: Texas, Fort Worth
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together. Job Description
As a Field Service Engineer you will engage with some of the country’s most influential hospitals and work closely with our world-class sales teams. You will use your in-depth knowledge of our products to provide expert technical support to our existing and new customers. Job Duties
In a typical day, you will:
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with assigned products support and service.
- Respond to customer inquiries by complying with all regulatory requirements and all aspects of company quality system.
- Train customers on the basic operation and use of assigned products.
- Provide feedback concerning product questions workflow issues performance anomalies encountered in the field and make recommendations for service improvements.
- Perform new equipment installations upgrades post installation testing troubleshooting and all other aspects of technical support for all assigned products.
- Completes final system configuration onsite.
- Performs final acceptance test with Project Manager ensuring system meets the projects requirements.
- Provides Go Live support answer questions and provide assistance to all hospital staff.
- Escalate customer issues and unresolved product problems to service management in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Maintain effective relationships with Sales Representative to support ongoing customer relationships and to assist with the growth of the business.
- Provide in depth technical knowledge at conventions trade shows and customer trials.
- Direct and assist in the planning of assigned products/Surgical room video and audio cabling and/or other special projects as directed.
- Actively coach and mentor level 1 and 2 field service engineers.
- Manage all administrative operations including create and maintain accurate service visit records and checklists to reflect equipment support and repair activities
- Perform all other essential duties as directed. Job Requirements
- Associates Degree in electronics computer science or related technical discipline is required.
- CompTIA Net+ or CompTIA A+ or other similar industry recognized certification is required.
- Minimum 10 years as a Field Service Engineer or equivalent experience is required.
- Field service project management and or sales support experience is required.
- Experience in technical issue management is required Demonstrated project management experience with video computer and or electronic product installations is required.
- Excellent knowledge in networking hospital information systems and DICOM or PACS systems is required.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting video display and video routing systems is required.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting electromechanical / microprocessor based products is required.
- Must hold a valid U.S. Driver’s License at all times that is not revoked or suspended in any state province or other jurisdiction.
- Works cooperatively and participates as an effective team member by using motivational tactics to create a positive working environment.
- Individuals must also complete annual bloodborne pathogen training operating room protocol training and obtain Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent Military technical training.
- Subject matter expert in overseeing customer relationships for all FSE levels Works independently accomplishes complex tasks in all FSE levels with minimal supervision.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office tools including Excel Word and Power Point.
- All individuals in this role must comply with all vendor credentialing requirements inclusive of but not limited to medical vaccinations training requirements and policies.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com .
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Texas (US-TX) || Fort Worth ||
Click Here To Apply