Would you like to kickstart your career? Maybe you’re rejoining the workforce or seeking a career change? Stericycle is hiring now! We, as an essential business, are on the front lines as supporting the healthcare industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that, in addition to our generous benefits, our team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement. We’ ve also updated our policies and training to ensure all of our team members can safely serve our customers. We protect what matters .
We are currently seeking a Non CDL Shred-it Route Driver (Customer Security Representative) who will be responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs. The integrity of every Route Driver/Customer Security Representative is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients while successfully being a member of the Operations team and plays an integral role as the face of Shred-it. The Route Driver/Customer Security Representative maintains Shred-it’s policies, standards and practices and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position in Kent working a 4×10 schedule, which includes 10 hours per day on 4 days between Monday and Friday (1 week day off and weekends off). The start time is 6am. Key Job Activities:
Customer Security Responsibilities
- Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment.
- Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
- Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
- Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
- Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
- Operates mobile shredder to conduct onsite shredding daily.
- Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area; especially around the baling machine.
- Ensures that truck shredding compartment and cab are cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment.
- Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
- Completes and maintains DOT logs when applicable.
- Understands and implements all Corporate and Document Management division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
- Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
- Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager’s attention to any areas of concern.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
- Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure contract renewals and prevent lost business.
- Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
- Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
- Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies. Presents the Shred-it image in appearance and actions as superior and professional.
- Serve as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis. Education: Required Education: in High School or Equivalent Disclaimer:
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
Click Here To Apply