The need for mental health support has never been more acute yet frustrations abound for individuals unable to access care. With our recent successful Series B round of funding (https://tcrn.ch/3bXyvQW), our rapidly growing team is more prepared than ever to redesign behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you!
SonderMind is seeking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to lead one of the full stack agile teams working to expand the capabilities of SonderMind’s platform and help us grow to redesign mental and behavioral health for 100M individuals by 2025. You will act as mentor and coach to the team for career growth, goal setting, and personal development. You will also lead by example and work with other Engineering department leaders to maintain best practices, continuously improve, and promote innovation. As our ideal candidate, a strong technical background and proven leadership experience. You are flexible, yet confident, in taking action with imperfect and evolving information, always striving to improve and not settling for the status quo.
- Within two weeks, build rapport, schedule 1:1s with team members, & work to understand technical product area focus.
- Within three weeks, partner with product management and other stakeholders to comprehend current and future product roadmap and upcoming feature details.
- Within two months, establish team performance measures of success. Provide feedback into short-term and longer-term strategic SDLC goals.
- Within three months, foster on-going career progression discussions with all team members and provide regular guidance on how they can accomplish their goals.
- Within four months, dependable, accountable, and fully integrated with leading a high performing engineering team while striving to continue advancing SonderMind’s mission
- 8+ years experience in a technical role and 2+ years in management or technical leadership
- Demonstrated success in building, managing, and motivating a team of five or more
- Experience defining and steering delivery team goals, including fostering a culture of quality via test automation
- Proven ability to prioritize needs effectively, orchestrate complex ideas, and influence positive decision making processes
- Calm under pressure and capable of comfortably leading a team through rapid pace company growth stages
- Tenacity to cultivate cross functional department relationships
- Takes ownership of their own learning and professional development
- Strong experience in a Scrum environment
Nice to Have:
- In depth knowledge of a few of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Jira Administration
- AWS Deployment
- Elastic Search
- Service layer / API Test Automation
- Experience in healthcare services, insurance and/or healthcare technology
Experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams (front-end, back-end, SDET)
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our great downtown location, to unlimited coffee and healthy snacks, to a 2019 Best Place to Work office culture, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Benefits. SonderMind provides exceptional employee benefits including covering the majority of dental, vision, and medical premiums. 401k matching for up to 4% salary deferred.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?
SonderMind Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Click Here To Apply