PrimeCare Medical of West Virginia, Inc. is looking for dedicated and hard-working Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)to work full time on the night shift (Sunday – Thursday) in the medical department at the Potomac Highlands Regional Jail located in Augusta, WV. Currently we are offering a $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS for these full time positions. This position would be rotating on both the day and evening shifts. In this role, you will provide comprehensive nursing care and perform duties under supervision of an RN.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will primarily be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care while ensuring the proper flow of relevant information is disseminated to appropriate personnel. In addition, the Licensed Practical Nurse will also maintain, update and work with electronic medical records and ensure that they are secure. Other responsibilities will include:
– Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
– Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide treatment illnesses and injuries, defined by written protocol and approved by PCM Medical Director.
– Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of inmates/patients and participate in the formulation of the plan of care.
– Record, retrieve and file medical information in the inmate/patient medical record.
This position provides a 2 week orientation period where you will be training on-the-job and shadowing with the nursing staff.
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and a flexible spending account.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Signing bonus
- LPN: 1 year (Preferred)
- LPN (Required)
- One location
- General hospital
- Current State Nursing License
Click Here To Apply