Wernersville State Hospital is seeking hard working, passionate and caring people who want to make a positive difference in the lives of some of the most vulnerable citizens. Apply today for a rewarding career as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Full-time employment.
- Positions are available on 2nd Shift (3:20 PM – 11:20 PM); 30 minute lunch.
- Licensed Practical Nurses will be assigned to 1st shift (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM) during Nursing training.
- Rotating days off; 40 hour work week.
- Overtime as required.
- Subject to emergency call-ins.
- Multiple positions may be filled with this posting.
- Free parking!!
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE.
Provides care and treatment to individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness and/or developmental disability or the care of individuals having difficulty meeting their daily living activities at a mental health facility.
The Licensed Practical Nurse documents the consumer’s psychiatric component of nursing care in correlation to the ITP performance goals. This position follows and applies nursing and hospital policies and procedures and utilizes crisis prevention techniques. The employee records and reports vital signs, symptoms, and reactions or response to medication/treatment and assists the consumer with ADL such a skin care, room care, meal times and other associated nursing care techniques.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the position description.
- PA residency currently waived for this title.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Necessary Special Requirements – Possession of a current Pennsylvania license as a Licensed Practice Nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Condition of Employment – Require that employees possessing non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse within the one year period as defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- If you are within 60 days of completing a licensed practical nursing program approved by the State Board of Nursing, you are eligible to apply for this job posting. At the time of appointment to a position, you must show proof of possession of a current, valid PA temporary practice permit or PA Licensed Practical Nurse license.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam folders, for these notices.
- This position comes under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act:
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
Commonwealth Employment Requirement:
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination and a drug screening test.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Click Here To Apply