Valley Wide Cooperative/Valley Agronomics is a company motivated by service. We have been helping farmers and ranchers build their homes and businesses since 1920. Our mission is “To provide quality products and services at a value both the company and customer enjoy. We do this with respect to the communities we do business in and the environments that we impact.” The company is seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
A person in this position is accountable for maintaining a complete, accurate, and systematic set of records of all financial transactions carried on by the cooperative. A person in this position maintains operational performance with the utmost concentration and dedication and must be well versed in the standard operating procedures of the company. Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Valley Wide’s services, customer account and billing processes, new customer information, and various policies and procedures related to product delivery and service.
- Address a high volume of incoming calls. Ensuring customer service quality, efficiency, and accuracy for all call transactions.
- Responsible for utilizing a proactive sales approach with every customer interaction to uncover additional sales and service opportunities.
- Responsible for establishing new accounts and maintain the accuracy of customer account data and related information.
- Follow up on new customer installations to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Investigate and resolve customer questions and concerns efficiently and compassionately. Resolving all customer complaints in a friendly and tactful manner.
- Assist in managing customer retention activities by ensuring customer needs are being met.
- Maintain sales and inventory records.
- Ensure all customer interactions are consistently and accurately maintained in the system.
- Process daily delivery and service orders; respond to work order issues in a courteous manner.
- Responsible for records on customer sales and field reports.
- Enforce and adhere to the company credit policy.
- Ability to take full responsibility from start to finish.
- Responsibly for maintaining company and customer confidentiality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must have a current working knowledge of computer programs.
- Must have strong communication skills; ability to communicate in appropriate, professional manner with managers, supervisors, employees, customers, vendors and general public.
- Must be able to make appropriate decisions and execute them according to policy.
- Must maintain appropriate and expected levels of customer service throughout the store.
- Must have ability to determine order of need and task priority based on level of importance.
- Must have a manager focus in all interactions and exhibit strong critical thinking/ problem solving skills.
- Must exhibit a professional and positive image.
- Previous experience in bookkeeping and/or related position preferred.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
HOURS / DAYS / SCHEDULE
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position, typically Monday – Friday. Qualified applicants must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed, especially during times of high seasonal demand.
SALARY / WAGE / BENEFITS
A wage will be discussed during the interview process. In addition to generous employee discounts, the company offers medical, dental and life & long-term disability benefits to full time employees. Employees may also participate in the company’s 401(k) plan after meeting eligibility requirements.
You may complete an online application with resume at:
All applicants are subject to pre-employment drug testing and may be subject to pre-employment background checks. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the position. Submit your applications today!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Click Here To Apply