MidwayUSA is currently looking for a new team member with an Occupational Safety and Medical background to recognize, assess and control safety and health hazards in our facility, and work with internal departments to minimize occupational health and safety risks and manage compliance with applicable regulations. This is a Part-time/Seasonal position scheduled to last through the end of 2020, with the option to continue employment as company needs dictate. Must be able to work Monday-Friday variable hours between 8AM and 5PM.
Base Salary: $18.50 hour
Valid Through: 9/30/2020
Position to start immediately
At MidwayUSA, our Safety team works together to develop, implement, monitor and manage safety programs, policies and procedures for the benefit of our Customers, Employees and Visitors.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and manage safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Recognize, assess, and control safety and health hazards in the facility, and work with internal departments to minimize occupational health and safety risks and manage compliance with applicable regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive safety and hygiene audits.
- Ensure organization is compliant with all current safety regulations.
- This is a seasonal part-time hourly position that will end on December 31, 2020, with the option to extend longer as business needs dictate.
- Determine conditions for Employee isolation and release following criteria for specific procedures.
- Perform job hazard assessments and recommend measures to control exposures, including substitution of less hazardous materials, personal protective equipment (PPE), work practice changes, and engineering controls.
- Write reports documenting observations, sampling results, and recommendations.
- Report on safety and health awareness, issues and statistics.
- Must have a current Emergency Medical Technician-Basic or Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Missouri license
- Must have a current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) CPR Certification
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday variable hours between 8 AM and 5PM
- Bachelor’s degree in a Health and/or Safety field preferred, but will consider like experience and appropriate certifications.
MidwayUSA, located in Columbia, MO, is an industry-leading internet retailer of over 120,000 Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor products. We are a fast-paced, growing organization that has a “promote from within” Culture, so there are opportunities for advancement. Both country kids from Missouri, Larry and Brenda Potterfield turned their passion for shooting sports into a career by opening a small gun shop in 1977 which eventually became MidwayUSA (www.midwayusa.com). They instilled family values like honesty, integrity, and respect for others into the business, and strive to maintain this culture with each Employee who joins our growing team. For over 40 years, MidwayUSA has offered JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING® for Shooting, Hunting and the Outdoors with an unyielding focus on Customer Satisfaction.
MidwayUSA is a 2009 and 2015 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
MidwayUSA is a tobacco & smoke-free campus.
Click Here To Apply