Patient Safety Associate
Dept: MAC Clinical Support Services
Hours per pay period: 0
Schedule: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Provides continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patient(s). Summons the RN if the patient requires assistance or other nursing interventions. Knowledgeable of and compliant with patient confidentiality and related medical center policies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Obtains verbal report from the patient’s nurse to include information regarding the patient’s identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special consideration (NPO, bed alarms, etc.).
- Positions self in patient room at bedside to maintain constant visual observation of the patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the nurse.
- Obtains instruction from nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if needed.
- May not transport patient for testing and procedures off the unit but must accompany and remain within arm’s length of patient unless otherwise directed by the person performing the test or procedure.
- Provides for patient comfort, safety, and satisfaction. Maintains patient environment in a safe and orderly manner.
- Functions cooperatively as a team member. Responds as directed by responsible nurse to changing patients’/unit’s needs. During a patient or environmental emergency, may serve as a runner or transport patients as directed.
- Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families/significant other and other health care members.
- Accurately and legibly records data collected and notifies RN of any untoward events, i.e., behavioral changes, violent behavior, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled Veterans
Primary Location Michigan-Mount Clemens-Mt Clemens Reg Med Center
Work Locations Mt Clemens Reg Med Center 1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens 48043-2920
Organization MAC10-McLaren Macomb-Hospital
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Standard
Job Level Entry Level
Schedule Per Diem
Shift Evening Job
On Call No
Click Here To Apply