Admission Nurse Supervisor
Water’s Edge Rehab & Nursing Center @ Port Jefferson is looking for a qualified Admission Nurse Supervisor to join their ever-growing team.
The Admissions Nurse Supervisor is responsible for interfacing with the new residents, family members, department managers, nursing staff, resident services, outside callers, social workers, finance, medical staff, sales marketing, and outside networking professionals. The Admission Nurse is responsible for the completion of the clinical aspect of the new resident admission process, including assessment, communication to the physician for admission orders, documentation, and communication to the interdisciplinary team.
- Review clinical referrals
- Complete required admissions forms including advance directives, MD orders, Care Planning, and communication of Tasks to the CNA staff.
- Obtain admission orders for medications, treatments, diet, etc.
- Collect the equipment needed by the resident.
- Communicate with the interdisciplinary team regarding the needs of the admitted residents.
- Knowledge of when to seek help or guidance from an immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person.
- Practice positive resident relations; respond to resident and family inquiries, concerns, or problems.
- Displays a caring and respectful demeanor towards residents, families, and staff.
- Communicate about residents’ condition between and among nursing shifts and exchange resident information with staff nurses and certified nursing assistants on an ongoing basis throughout the assigned shift.
- Displays willingness and ability to work as a team. Maintains a positive attitude; does not offer complaints, offers suggestions.
- Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness; reduces non-essential interruptions to an absolute minimum to complete resident care priorities.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to learn new policies and procedures.
- Attends in-service training
- Scheduling coverage for admission completion
- Works where needed without complaint.
- Flexible hours. Occasional weekend coverage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Registered Professional Nurse (RN).
Basic computer skills required. Experience with EMR / EHR is preferred.
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Benefits Package Offered as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here To Apply