CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary/Job Purpose
Provides general clerical support to a specific unit including receptionist duties, transcription, filing and processing of physician orders; and coordination of unit communication with hospital departments as well as the public. Also, provides direct patient care under the supervision of the licensed nursing staff within the scope of practice. Contributes to the safe and efficient operations of nursing service.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately
- Contributes to maintenance of clean, safe environment to minimize hazards of infection or injury to patients and/or staff.
- Obtains basic physical assessment data (vital signs, intake/output, weights etc.) and documents in patient medical record.
- Provides routine and procedural hygienic needs to patients.
- Assist in meeting patient’s activity needs to include: elimination, comfort and privacy by responding to patient’s request.
- Assist with performance of PT needs under the assistance of RN/PT to include range of motion, ambulation, transfers, ADL training for home care.
- Demonstrates competency in unit protocols for performing EKG’s(if applicable), glucose monitoring, and other competencies based on department discretion.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to age appropriate behavior of pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics as applicable.
- Documents or reports care provided, observations, and pertinent information to the nursing services.
- Assist in prevention of nosocomial infections as evidenced by adherence to infection control policies and procedures.
- Uses personal protective equipment and complies with all universal precautions, bloodborne pathogens and specific isolation precautions (e.g. contact, airborne, protective).
- Completes patient care assignments by the end of the shift or reports status of care to charge nurse.
- Make rounds on patients hourly.
- Responds to requests promptly and courteously
- Attends all mandatory hospital-based in services on time.
- Assist with orientation of new unit personnel according to unit protocol.
- Attends 80% of shift meetings, reads and initials all meeting minutes.
- Completes all core and unit specific competencies on time.
- Assists in delivering high quality health care services in a professional, compassionate, and courteous manner while respecting the dignity and individuality of each person who comes in contact with the organization by following the standards of excellence, standards of behavior, and the standards of professional appearance and conduct
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and GED
Licensure and Certification
- State Registered Nursing Assistant Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS from American Heart Association)
- At least 1 year experience in health-care setting preferred
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Click Here To Apply