Heritage Equipment Company is a farm equipment company.
Over the years, we’ve seen the need for + value of high-quality, dependable equipment that’s readily available for our various operations. Our fleet of tractors, sprayers, harvesting equipment + other pieces allow us to keep our acres in pristine condition. We also provide complete orchard development from start to finish for our customers. We have over 100 full-time employees that are well-trained + committed to our culture of teamwork. Owning + controlling all our equipment operations allows us to drive quality + efficiency in every part of our service.
We currently seek to fill the position of Orchard Operations Supervisor.
- The Orchard Operations Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the operations of all jobs and equipment for the Company in their designated area. Their goal is to provide an elite level of equipment operations service to all custom farmed ranches, while maintaining a high level of safety awareness. This position acts as a coordinator and adviser to orchard operations crew foreman in the successful operations of daily work activity.
Orchard Operations Responsibilities – Assist the Orchard Operations leadership team with the management of all work in orchard operations. Including but not limited to: spraying, mowing, shaking, sweeping, and various equipment operation duties in Almond and Pistachio Orchards.
- Oversee all foremen and crews under their supervision to assure they are working at an efficient level (limiting down time and overtime).
- Delegating and coordinating daily work activities with all foremen in orchard operations under their designated region.
- Manage personnel scheduling as appropriate by job or season; including managing schedules for day and night shifts.
- Keep in constant contact with all foreman about their location and daily progress.
- Direct and coordinate the safe travel of working crews and movement of equipment as it is needed with Shop Supervisor and foremen.
- Monitor and track equipment operations on a daily basis by job site, equipment type and use.
- Keep records of work activities including, acres done per day, rates being sprayed, and incidents that occur daily under their managed area.
- Help with forecasting movements of equipment and crews to aid with scheduling.
- Make sure all foreman have and follow the current daily work schedule as needed.
- Verify that all work reports being submitted by the foremen are accurate and done correctly.
- Help organize all repairs and maintenance for equipment with shop manager to ensure equipment is ready and functioning when needed.
- Report all incidents quickly to the safety department and to overseeing manager; including time, date, location, and a brief description of the incident details and take photos as appropriate.
- Confer with foremen and crew foremen when there are changes in wind, temperature, or environmental changes that could affect spray applications to avoid a hazardous drift; or to develop plans or procedures, such as changes in fertilizers, herbicides, irrigation, application, or cultural techniques.
- Provide direct supervision over Orchard Operation equipment crews to include discretionary authority to determine methods of planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Provide one-on-one coaching based on individual needs to subordinates as needed or required; and determine and express objectives and convey positive feedback to enrich productivity levels of personnel.
- Maintain appropriate levels of staffing to operate at peak efficiency and in developing continuity in key positions.
Education and Work Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in orchard operations supervision or a 2-year degree in Agriculture, Business, Engineering or related field and seven years cumulative experience in orchard operations or an undergraduate degree in Agriculture, Business, Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated strategic management of agriculture harvest operations, preferably in Almond or Pistachios.
- Must be Bilingual and fluent (read, write and speak) in both English and Spanish with the ability to interpret.
- Valid California driver’s license and motor vehicle record acceptable according to Company auto insurance carrier’s guidelines.
- Candidate should possess an active Qualified Applicator Certificate (QAC); or Qualified Applicator License (QAL) with Plant Agriculture (Category D)
- Self-directed individual who can take the lead on issues to identify and implement solutions with team input.
- Adaptability to changing situations and have the ability to perform multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Superior organizational and project management skills and experience leading and managing people.
- A general aptitude of software systems.
- Must be able to work around bees without having an allergic reaction if stung.
Individuals who possess experience in leading spraying activities for Almond or Pistachio trees are encouraged to apply. This job requires a faster than average pace, incumbent will need to adjust quickly to changing conditions; is a persuasive communicator with the ability to coach, teach and motivate a team. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results.
Salary Range: $54,080 – $70,000 (DOE). This position includes a company vehicle for commuting to and from residence, 40 hours of sick pay + 80 hours of vacation pay, retirement plan, 90% employer paid premium for medical benefits and 100% paid dental and vision for employee; and comes with a great Performance Based Compensation Bonus.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,080.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Agriculture Chemical Spraying: 2 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply