Animal Hospital of Nesconset is seeking a *Part-Time/Full-Time* Veterinary Assistant/Technician.
Assistants should be self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the veterinarian during exams.
- Restrain patients for exams and treatments.
- Gather medical background and patient history from pet owner and relay information to the veterinarian.
- Provide nursing care to in house patients.
- Fill patient prescriptions.
- Assist taking radiographs.
- Prepare patients for surgical procedures.
- Perform overall cleaning and maintenance of hospital.
Must possess: a positive, welcoming attitude; enjoy dealing with clients; ability to multitask and learn Avimark computer software; a good sense of humor to enjoy our “No Drama” work environment is a must.
*Experience is required.
Ideal candidate should love animals, be reliable and punctual, and able to lift 50 lbs. Please email your resume with a cover letter explaining your previous experience in an animal hospital and availability.
Salary is commensurate with experience and certifications.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Veterinary Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Click Here To Apply