Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion—to “also treat the human spirit.” The Safety and Security Department seeks a Safety & Security Office who is solution driven and a self-starter to patrol and protect the Medical Center campus and its building.
Location: Maywood, IL
Shift: 2:00pm – 10:30pm
Weekend & Holidays required -Rotating
The Security & Safety Officer will provide unarmed uniformed security, safety and customer services to all staff, students, patients and visitors of the Medical Center.
- Patrols Medical Center Campus and its buildings to deter crime, prevent loss and promote a safe environment.
- Provides and maintains a security presence at the main entrances of various buildings on campus to control access, provide directions and assistance and prevent loss.
- Gathers information for and completes various reports to document incidents and events on the Medical Center Campus.
- Performs traffic and crowd control on the medical center campus to control access and direct the flow of both pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Assists the Parking Department in the accomplishment of their goals by providing motorist assistance and parking control assists the Safety Department in the accomplishment of their goals by providing fire and chemical safety services.
- Performs security and service related duties as assigned to promote loss and crime prevention and service excellence.
- Enforces the rules and regulations of Loyola University Health System and Medical Center.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities:
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
Specify Degree(s): Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security Admin, Fire Services or related field
- May be required to be on-call for emergencies, and as needed on occasional evenings/weekends for security needs
- Associates Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- General – Valid Illinois driver’s license
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
Other: International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS) Basic Certification preferred
- Basic Keyboarding Skills
- Basic Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with Staff, Students and patients
- Must have sharp mental alertness and attention to detail
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Stand or walk constantly during or up to an entire shift
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Assist in lifting patients as needed to either assist nursing or transporting staff
- Restrain violent/combative patients to prevent injuries to themselves and others
- The ability to power walk and or run as needed
- Ability to use both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Requires good eye vision to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Click Here To Apply