The Medical Resort at Willowbrook is a skilled nursing facility specializing in short-term post-acute care. Our services are focused on short-term nursing needs, rehabilitation* and respiratory therapy*
The primary purpose of the Treatment/Wound Care Nurse (RN) position is to participate in and oversee the wound care of Residents as prescribed by the attending physician, consistent with accepted standards of care and within the scope of (RN) training and licensure. At times this position will be responsible to provide care directly to the Resident and /or supervise the direction of this care by a Certified Nursing Assistant to ensure that the highest practical well being is maintained by the Resident.
- Observes, assesses, treats and documents Resident’s wounds according to the Resident Care Management System – Skin, Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Ensures that preventative measures are utilized to prevent the development of pressure ulcers.
- Assists in collection and documentation of data for Quality Assurance including the weekly Pressure/Non-Pressure Trending Reports.
- Consults with Director of Nurses/Attending Physician regarding changes in Resident’s wounds/condition.
- Receives, transcribes, and executes physician’s orders.
- Ensures implementation of care plans to promote wound healing.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Identifies and secures Resident’s attending physician and family or responsible party is promptly notified of any significant change in the Resident’s wound/condition and this notification is documented in the medical record.
- May participate in assigning duties, and ensures the delivery of appropriate clinical care by the CNA staff.
- Ensures that each Resident’s accident or incident is fully documented and reported in accordance with The Medical Resort’s Policies and Procedures and state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to function as a Team Leader/Role Model.
- Ensures a safe environment for Resident population.
- May participate in the Nurse Manager – On call rotation.
- Has reviewed The Medical Resort’s policies and Procedures for Abuse Prevention and knows the employee’s responsibility to enforce it.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends in-service and educational programs.
- Attends continuing education required for maintenance of professional certification.
- Graduation from the accredited Nursing school and current and valid license in the applicable Stare (required). BSN (preferred)
- Minimum of one-year experience in a long-term or health care setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of current wound care treatments and dressing.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
Licenses and Certifications(required)
- RN License
- WOCN Certification
Job Type: Full-time
- health care setting or long term care setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- WOCN (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (Required)
Nursing Clinical Setting:
- Skilled Nursing Facility
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $45.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- long-term: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply