CHC will offer a $2,000.00 sign-on bonus for this position.
The Medical Assistant Lead operates in a team with other clinic healthcare providers and support staff. The Lead escorts patients to the exam rooms and prepares the patient for the visit. The Lead assists medical providers with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments as directed; taking vital signs, maintaining records and recording test results. In addition, this position assists in the scheduling and mentoring of assigned staff, provides ongoing performance feedback and acts as a key communicator between the clinical staff and practice manager. The Lead participates in interviews and as a preceptor for newly hired staff and assures all critical tasks are completed per clinic protocols. Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing.
- Works independently and is self-directed.
- Supports, motivates and sustains a team-oriented culture.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
- Demonstrates leadership and basic management skills.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
- Produces work in high quantity and quality.
- Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
- Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bilingual skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program; or a minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a medical assistant.
- Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Customer service related experience working with the general public (2 years).
- Medical Assistant experience (2 years) or in lieu of; 1 year at CHC and have completed an approved Lead training program.
- ICD-10 coding experience (2 years).
- CPT-4 coding experience (2 years).
- Supervisory/management experience (2 years).
- Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.
- Working with insurance/billing in a healthcare setting/insurance organization.
- Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
- Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
- Medical Assistant – Certified – license with the State of Washington.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) certification – must be obtained within 45 days of employment.
- Driver’s license with the State of Washington.
- Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
A. Job Specific Functions/Performance: General
1. Greets patients, interpreters and visitors, in person and by phone, in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner, responds to inquiries, takes messages, and provides accurate information regarding schedules and services.
2. Monitors schedules and patient arrivals, participates in sequencing emergency patients, and provides assistance to co-workers to maintain a smooth and efficient patient flow for entire clinic for maximum productivity.
3. Assists the providers with minor diagnostic procedures, treatments and education as directed.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
5. Coordinates tasks regarding medical records with Health Information Specialist.
6. Assists in confirming appointments and the preparation of charts and paperwork for the following day. Obtaining any needed information ie: state immunization registry, ER records, specialty reports, diagnostic results.
7. Labels and maintains proper storage for specimens and tests. Performs in-house lab testing, delivers on-site results to provider and performs intermittent phlebotomy. Maintains records of lab testing and logbooks.
8. Schedules patients for testing procedures, and provides all necessary paperwork and instructions to patient prior to procedure.
9. Keeps patient exam and procedure rooms fully stocked, organized, clean, safe and prepared before and after each patient encounter. Prepares appropriate instruments and materials for each treatment procedure.
10. Follows established inventory and supply monitoring system and purchasing protocols for maintaining stock and ordering supplies as assigned.
11. Follows established protocols for routine calibration, cleaning, disinfection, sterilization of instruments and equipment. Notifies Practice Manager when instruments or equipment is in need of maintenance or repair.
12. Performs quality control testing as directed for all CLIA waived in-house lab tests.
13. Assists Registered Nurse when appropriate.
14. Assists Medical Receptionists when appropriate.
15. Adheres to organizational infection control practices and written plan.
16. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
B. Job Specific Functions/Performance: Lead
1. Acts as a key communicator between the medical assistants and Practice Manager.
2. As needed, provides coverage for breaks, lunches and PTO.
3. Provides guidance to the medical assistants by monitoring performance, mentoring, and participating in annual performance evaluations.
4. Handles medical assistant scheduling and staffing up to the threshold as established by the Practice Manager; participates in the recruitment process for medical assistants.
5. Conducts new medical assistant job-specific orientation. Identifies and recommends other training needs and makes recommendations to the Practice Manager.
6. Keeps Practice Manager informed regarding deviations in medical assistant’s time records and approves overtime up to the threshold established by the Practice Manager.
7. Provides assistance for ensuring clinical protocols are followed and seeks counsel from Practice Manager for more complex problems.
8. Coordinates the data collection for quality reviews as assigned.
9. Oversees inventory and ordering of routine supplies.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $2.00/hour weekend differential for working hours on Saturday and/or Sunday and an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.
Click Here To Apply