QR Code Link to This Post
Buckelew Programs helps people with behavioral health challenges lead healthier, more independent lives by providing treatment and support services tailored to their unique needs.
Our Marin Assisted Independent Living Program has an immediate opening for a Team Leader. Reporting to the Program Director (PD), the Team Leader is responsible for the operational and administrative day-to-day operations of assigned areas of the program, ensuring smooth functioning and clear communication.
• Assist PD in the overall management of the program ensuring contractual outcomes are being met.
• Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementation of staff.
• Explore community resources to enrich and complement the program.
• Inspect charts for order, completion, and proper filing.
• Supervise, train and recommend hiring and disciplining of staff.
• Conduct annual audit of clients’ charts with counselors and report results to PD.
• Monitor vacancies in houses and plan for replacements and consolidations; open and furnish new houses.
• Provide general counseling and guidance with clients in a manner that facilitates individual growth as well as facilitating the growth of groups in households.
• Provide crisis intervention and crisis management services.
• Conduct intakes as assigned.
• Remain aware of general mood and tone of the households while on duty, and act in a manner responsive to the situation.
• Be aware of general physical health of clients.
• Perform case management duties as needed.
• Meet with families when clinically indicated.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Science; or Psychiatric Technician’s License; or Registered Nurse or equivalent experience.
• Two or more years of experience in a mental health agency, at least one of which is in direct service, with the remainder including some administrative or planning responsibilities.
• One year supervisory experience, preferably in a mental health agency.
• Strong understanding of family and group dynamics.
• Ability to work in an independent, organized, calm and reassuring manner using good boundaries and good judgment; to be reliable, dependable and flexible; and to accept supervision, suggestions and feedback.
• Organized, responsible, professional, able to work on many projects simultaneously, to be flexible, empathetic and able to relate to clients, other professionals, and the general community.
• Possess no less than an intermediate level of MS Office skills (including Excel and Word).
• Must have excellent oral and written skills, and the ability to communicate with both internal and external contacts.
• Be a positive team player.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Have and maintain a valid California driver’s license with an insurable driving record and insured personal car to use on the job.
Physically capable of the following intermittent activities: stretching, bending, kneeling, twisting, squatting, reaching above and below the shoulder, pushing, pulling, grasping and lifting up to 40 pounds in weight. Physically capable of the following extended activities: driving, writing, standing, typing, and sitting.
This position is exempt, full-time (40+ hours weekly). The schedule typically is Monday through Friday; however, additional on-call work may be necessary to meet job expectations. On-call duties are rotated between Program Director and direct reports. Benefits include employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, EAP plan, retirement savings plan and up to 6 weeks of PTO.
Apply on our career site at http://www.buckelew.org/about/careers.html
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below