QR Code Link to This Post
CareLink Community Support Services has a current opening for a full-time, benefits eligible, Residential Counselor/Weekend Shift Supervisor at our location in Pottstown, PA. Employee benefits for all full time positions (30 hours or more/week) include medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 403(b), paid time off, and paid holidays. In addition, we provide long term disability coverage, employee assistance program, basic life insurance, and basic AD&D coverage at no cost to employees. Voluntary, employee paid, benefit plans including short term disability, supplemental life insurance and AD&D, critical illness and accident coverage are also available.
For over 50 years, CareLink Community Support Services has been dedicated to helping people with disabilities to live in the community with dignity and independence. Our rehabilitation services and professional staff provide the supports that people with serious mental illness, physical disabilities and other developmental challenges need to be active, productive members of their communities.
The Residential Counselor/Weekend Shift Supervisor is responsible for oversight and operations of the shift and ensures the general supervision of the residential staff of the program and for promoting recovery, wellness, and self-determination for individuals participating in services by implementing, supporting, and documenting activities that promote recovery. This position is responsible for supporting community integration to promote the pursuit of independence for all individuals participating in service.
• (40 Hours) Thursday through Friday, 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM & Saturday through Sunday, 8:30 AM – 8:30 PM
• $12.00/hour and additional $2.18 hourly premium for weekend shift supervisor shifts
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in related field OR Two years of college plus two years of related work experience OR High school diploma/GED plus four years of related work experience is required. CPRP certification preferred.
• Motivation, interest and ability to work empathetically with people with disabilities using methods of recovery principles including knowledge of basic principles and methods of rehabilitation and the ability to make sound judgments regarding the health and welfare of the consumer is required.
• Work as a leader and provide training to staff: communicate in a supportive and teaching manner; effectively handle multiple tasks and to work independently.
• Ability to prepare meals, perform general housekeeping and maintenance duties;
• A valid state driver’s license and ability and willingness to drive agency van required
• Must be able to write and speak English in an understandable manner.
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information required.
1. Participate in the development and implementation of service/recovery plans reflecting the individual’s preferences, goals, lifestyles, and interests.
2. Assess, teach, evaluate, and supervise individual’s skills in the areas of daily living, meal planning, housekeeping, career needs, and social, recreational, and community activities.
3. Complete written documentation daily that reflects the individual’s recovery and progress on their goals as well as staff interventions.
4. Assist and oversee individuals with medication regimen including PRN medications.
5. Consistently engages in productive/therapeutic activities.
6. Encourage and support individuals in developing positive relationships with family and significant others.
7. Assist individuals through modeling, verbal teaching, and/or direct assistance with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of their individual rooms and their residence.
8. Assist or prepare various foods for individual meals as required.
9. Ensure that any and all dietary considerations are followed. Food shopping must be completed and dietary preferences/concerns will need to be considered.
10. Locate and access community medical resources for individual needs as applicable and as instructed.
11. Take regular responsibility in shift activities, including but not limited to site trash removal, changing linens, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning common areas which include but are not limited to the living room, kitchen, foyer, dining area, and hallways.
12. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, including assisting with maintenance of the kitchen, common areas, linen closets, medication storage areas, and staff office.
13. Use appropriate communication channels.
14. Respond appropriately to safety/emergency situations.
15. Drive agency vehicles in a safe manner following the applicable traffic laws for purposes of supporting individuals and/or the program.
• Lifting is required.
• Ability to lift at least a minimum of twenty (20) pounds;
• Ability to physically assist individuals in personal care;
• Ability to perform common household cleaning activities that involve: consistent standing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, and walking
• Shovel snow off of walk-ways, sidewalks, and porches if applicable.
Please click on this link to apply online: http://carelinkservices.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2vjrtd6wuc6
CareLink Community Support Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not practice or permit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below