QR Code Link to This Post
Fred Finch Youth Center – CARES is currently seeking passionate professionals to join our team! Join the CARES team at Fred Finch Youth Center today!!
The Program: Fred Finch CARES provides a comprehensive array of services for children and their families confronting an Autism Spectrum disorder diagnosis. From in-home counseling to school and clinic based programs, our team of caring practitioners are here to help you and your family as you adjust to the diagnosis.
The Company: Fred Finch Youth Center has been serving children and young adults with mental and intellectual disabilities for more than a century.
Position: Part-Time, Behavior Specialist position based out of our San Diego location.
The Behavior Specialist works within the wraparound philosophy to support behavior strategies and provide 1:1 behavioral intervention and rehab services to participants/participant families. The Behavior Specialist is responsible for 1:1 direct service to youth, young adults, parents/caregivers in their natural environments, documentation of services, collaboration with community and mental health professionals, and participating in group and individual supervision. Additional responsibilities include providing crisis management, clinical case management, administrative functions, and being on call as needed. The Behavior Specialist is active in supporting and implementing wraparound philosophy, trauma informed care model and its individualized, strengths-based, culturally competent, family-centered approach to behavioral, evidence-based intervention.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in mental health related field
- Demonstrated ability to assess, triage and organize work.
- Participant, case management or record keeping experience
- Demonstrated communication skills in describing behaviors and interventions in writing.
- Demonstrated understanding of the developmental milestones of children, youth, or young adults to provide to provide care, treatment and services.
- Prior youth mentoring/advocacy experience(Preferred)
- Fluency in prevailing language(s) of community where Clinician will work preferred.
- Training and Supervision in care of youth with disabilities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- Employer matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
- 8 Paid holidays
- 21 days of Paid Time Off – start accruing from date of hire
- Qualifying Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
HOW TO APPLY:
Click on the link below to apply:
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below