Create demand-driven solutions for employers to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work.
Continuously meet employers’ talent needs to create economic opportunity for the unemployed and underemployed
Lead with Integrity
Serve Our Diverse Stakeholder Community
Demonstrate Professional Excellence
Join Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (“Skills”) and become an integral part of a vibrant, entrepreneurial team focused on improving the lives and economic mobility of the unemployed and under-employed in the Chicagoland area. Skills is an extraordinary public-private partnership providing demand-driven solutions which match businesses with unmet hiring needs to qualified, unemployed and under-employed job seekers. Our innovative demand driven model reflects a paradigm shift from the common approach of preparing the unemployed to be “job-ready”. In contrast, Skills first builds relationships with businesses, identifying their talent demands and obtaining commitments to hire. Skills then connects them with talented, under and unemployed jobseekers to fill roles across an array of industries and occupations. This demand-driven approach provides the missing link between job-ready candidates and the positions employers need to fill.
Launched in September 2012, Skills has placed over 5,700 unemployed and underemployed job seekers in positions with over 70 of our employer partners, including United Airlines, ULTA Beauty, Walgreens, Bank of America, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, GAP, Exelon, CDW, Rush University Medical Center, and The University of Chicago. While Skills is an organization deeply focused on delivering the highest quality service to our clients, our staff continually communicate that they believe the most important reason they work at Skills is because of our mission. Working at Skills, one has the opportunity to utilize their professional talents to contribute to the organization, learn from a top tier staff, and experience the impact of their dedicated service every day. If you have a desire to not simply go to work, but rather to be inspired by your work and change lives, Skills is the ideal organization. For more information, please visit www.skillsforchicagolandsfuture.com.
Skills has an opportunity for a customer-centric and detail-oriented person with a strong work ethic to join the Vice President of Finance & Administration to ensure compliance, management and reporting of WIOA programs. With government funding part of Skills’ holistic revenue plan, management of such funds is key to ensure proper management. We are looking for a collaborative professional who embraces ownership for their work and can thrive in a fast pace, dynamic organizational environment.
- Compliance & Reporting
- Lead full case management of all WIOA eligible candidates that align with applicable government grants (i.e. eligibility verification, testing, data entry into systems, exiting, etc.)
- Manage tracking and reporting of government performance measures
- Proactive communication and awareness to program team on public metrics
- Own and propose continued efficiencies in candidate intake process
- Assist with public grant funding opportunities
- Assist with maintaining compliance with all reporting and other grants received from public resources
- Provide ongoing case management to WIOA enrolled participants; includes tracking them via Skills’ systems
- Play a key role in program compliance audits (compiling data requests, etc.)
- Own and update applicable databases as required by public funders
- Lead file management of all WIOA candidates adhering to Skills’ policies over confidentiality, retention, etc.
- Support the program team in presenting all available options within the workforce system, eligibility requirements, and ongoing coordination for employer partners
- Forecast training opportunities and shortfalls
- Manage training solutions offering for both Skills and employer partners
- Attend all technical training required for public grants and proactively provide highlights to key leadership
- Additional Responsibilities
- Attend meetings required by public funders (i.e., monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Support the Vice President with selected research, reports, presentations and/or additional ad-hoc projects within the workforce space as requested.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
- Successful work experience in program management, audit, or monitoring.
- Experience with WIOA (i.e. process, including eligibility, enrollment, and case management), strongly desired
- A professional, positive attitude and ability to take initiative when the situation presents itself.
- High energy, with an execution focus.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with colleagues.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, manage through change, work in a fast-paced environment, and get work done through trust building, accountability and collaboration.
- Demonstrates integrity and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and thorough follow-up skills.
- Strong and proven proficiency in MS Office skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous use of government systems (i.e. IWDS, IDES, Career Connect), strongly desired
- Passion for the mission of Skills and enthusiasm for its success
- Bachelor’s degree; open to consider relevant work experience if BS not obtained.
- Ability to secure transportation to attend business meetings is required.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below