Are you highly organized and passionate about supporting a medical team dedicated to providing patient and family education and care? Do you have a keen eye for detail and are fascinated by all things cardiac related? Are you a self-starter who takes pride in their work and helping others? If you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Telemetry Technician-Clerical Coordinator (TT/CC), you’ll support the mission of the Patient Care Services Department while assigned to our Patient Care Units, and/or Telemetry Command Center. Being a Hoag TT/CC, means creating a Patient Centered Care environment and collaborating with members of your team to offer the highest level of care to those who depend on us.
Inside Patient Care Services
As TT/CC your primary responsibility will be to maintain constant monitoring of electrocardiogram and SPO2 monitors for designated patients on your assigned unit, and alerting Registered Nurses of any notable changes. You will also be responsible for keeping the clinical station organized, promptly answering phones and patient call lights, and assisting patients, hospital visitors and members of the healthcare team when asked. You will also perform some clerical functions such as monitoring electronic orders for STAT and ASAP CPOE orders, verified orders, and assisting with follow-up notifications as needed.
Other duties may include (Command Center):
- Identifying cardiac rhythm and documenting all ECG measurements.
- Ensuring monitor alarms are kept on with the appropriate alarm limits.
- Identifying abnormal ECG rhythms, changes in rhythms, and blood pressure outside set parameters, and validating findings to the RN.
- Identifying and communicating to RN changes in respiratory status on the cardiac monitor. eg increased/decreased respiratory rate, decreased oxygen saturation and apnea alarms.
- Maintaining and updating pertinent patient information on designated log sheet.
Other duties may include (Patient Care Units):
- Maintaining and checking monitoring equipment daily, reporting repairs as needed.
- Maintaining all reports, chart forms, and instructions in patient charts, and ensuring accurate and timely completion of forms to expedite patient care.
- Maintaining and updating pertinent patient information on computer systems, communication venues and with appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Ordering supplies and ensuring stock is available to meet the needs of the unit and informing appropriate personnel if items are unattainable.
- Directing ancillary staff who arrive on the unit for patient pick up.
- Being the Go-To Resource for all physicians, NP’s, PA’s and RN’s.
- Completing shift inventory of all ECG transceivers/tele-boxes.
- Notifying nurses of patients going off unit, ensuring that appropriate forms are prepared and in the chart, and obtaining appropriate diagnostic data for patient records as necessary.
Hoag employees consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel in patient care, and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family. We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- On-site childcare at our Newport Beach location
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy, acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness coaches
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of basic arrhythmia course.
- Passing score on Hoag assigned ECG test.
- Recent experience as a Monitor/Telemetry Technician and/or Clerical Coordinator/Unit Secretary, preferably in an acute care setting.
- Completion of a Clerical Coordinator course including medical terminology.
- Knowledge of section specific test information and instrumentation.
There’s no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California.
We’re an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional patient care – but we can’t do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out this video on YouTube
- Job ID #: 47234
- Type: Full Time
- Shift: 1st
Join the conversation and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn @hoagcareers.
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.