QR Code Link to This Post
Who Are We?
Founded in 1971, Turning Point, Inc., is a private, nonprofit, community based human service agency headquartered in Newburyport, MA. Turning Point, Inc. promotes empowerment, independence, and self-sufficiency for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or psychiatric diagnoses.
For over 47 years, Turning Point, Inc. a non-profit organization, is committed to providing exceptional residential and daily living services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We currently support 150 individuals in residences in 11 cities and towns located in the Merrimack Valley and North Shore areas.
We are a leader in providing support and treatment for forensic adults with intellectual disabilities, as well as psychiatric diagnoses
Turning Point, Inc., with its team of dedicated employees, strives to teach, empower, and encourage the individuals to be self-confident and to make positive contributions to their communities. In doing so, we remain committed to providing a safe and healthy environment on their journey.
The Direct Support Opportunity – Make a Difference in Someone’s Life!
• Work FT or PT or as little as (8) hours per week
• Work with intellectually and developmentally disabled adults in a casual, friendly residential group home environment
• Teach, empower and encourage the individuals to be self-confident and reliant, and to make positive contributions to their communities
• Provide support for bathing, dressing, personal hygiene* and individual goals (Some opportunities do not require personal hygiene care)
• Assist with meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, and transportation to community activities, appointments and recreational outings
• Recreational outings may include movies, bowling, restaurants, and shopping
• Work with deaf or hard of hearing (Merrimack Valley)
Direct Support Work Sites:
• Merrimack Valley: Amesbury, Merrimac, Newburyport, and Salisbury
• North Shore: Beverly, Boxford, Danvers, Middleton, Peabody, Salem and Topsfield
Necessary Experience and Skills:
• Interest and/or experience working with adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, as well as the ability to follow behavioral support plans
• Basic math skills for counting and recording money
• Valid driver’s license, high school diploma (GED)or higher education
• Ability to perform moderate lifting, frequent walking, communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Empathy, patience and flexibility
• Keen observation and active listening skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to learn, follow and execute client plans and goals
• Ability to work with others
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Benefits & Employee Development
• Classroom, On-The-Job Training; Hands-on, as well as Paid Certification Training – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY IN SOME PROGRAMS!
• Health, Dental and Vision insurances, as well as Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurances
• Voluntary Benefits for Accident/Cancer/Critical Illness/Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
• Paid Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
• Employee development and leadership classes
Apply online: www.turningpointinc.org
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below