Neighborhood Family Practice is a great place to work! We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Registered Nurse, Ambulatory Care – Exempt Salary Position
1. Position Summary:
(Overall purpose of this position)
- Provide nursing care in a community health ambulatory care setting including health promotion, patient and family education, health maintenance, disease management, coordination of care and maintaining continuity of care.
- Provide nurse visits for clinical support and care, as well as telephone triage to advise patients of clinical needs and appropriate course of action.
2. Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
(The following description is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned, as required.)
A. Obtain baseline data on all patients including histories, vital signs, lab tests and health education as indicated by the patient presentation, assess patient problem; develop and implement patient care plan.
B. Assure the timely and accurate documentation of patient care observations and activities.
C. Provide ongoing education to patients regarding specific health or psychosocial problems. Utilize established guidelines and educational materials.
D. Evaluate patient knowledge regarding health, illness and self-care practices; educate patient on positive lifestyle choices and health habits.
E. Develop and teach classes on health topics to patients and community residents as requested by clinic.
F. Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing the EMR system for documenting patient care, reviewing the record for health maintenance needs, entering orders, medication refill requirements, scheduling appointments, and processing the in-basket folders and messages.
G. Collaborate with public health and social service agencies regarding patient health issues.
H. Serve as a member of a Patient Center Medical Home team (PCMH); confer with team members and appropriate community resources.
I. Perform telephone triage: assess patient problem and advise to assure optimal outcomes.
J. Maintain updated knowledge of telephone care practices and clinical skills in disease management and health promotion.
K. Care manage high risk patient populations to coordinate care and manage health outcomes.
L. Maintain goals to align with quality metrics.
A. Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
(To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Demonstrated understanding of scope of practice and clinical nursing skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of community health and interest in teaching patients, families and groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development through participation in continuing education programs.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, EMR.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, cultural competency and understanding of underserved populations.
- Demonstrated team membership skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
B. Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
- Demonstrated ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time. Requires some lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work environment is stressful at times.
- Ability to travel to NFP sites as needed to accommodate organizational requirements.
C. Previous experience that is necessary background to qualify for this position:
- Moderate level of broad, general nursing experience.
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY: Clinical Services Manager
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.