Are you highly organized and passionate about supporting nurses dedicated to providing patient and family education? Do you have exceptional knowledge of proper body mechanics? Does working on a team specializing in interpreting cardiac rhythms excite you? If you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As part of the Telemetry unit at Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, you’ll deliver direct inpatient nursing care as per the California Nurse Practice Act, and in support of the mission of the Patient Care Services Division. Being a Hoag Patient Care Assistant (PCA) means serving our community by collaborating with members of your team to offer an extraordinary level of patient care.
Inside Hoag’s Telemetry Unit
Our Telemetry unit has 33 beds and services adult, adolescent, and geriatric patients suffering from acute cardiac medical and/or cardiac surgical diagnoses requiring extensive monitoring. You’ll work under the direction of a licensed Registered Nurse providing for patient’s activities for daily living (ADL), comfort, nutrition, and hygiene needs. You’ll also take and record clinical measurements, collect specimens, provide transportation and maintain equipment and supplies.
Other duties may include:
- Performing bedside patient care by anticipating patient needs, and prioritizing care accordingly.
- Accurately measuring and recording vital signs, I&O, height and weight, and ADL, ensuring patient safety is maintained at all times.
- Performing Accu-Check blood glucose test as required.
- Informing the Registered Nurse of any changes in patient condition from previous baseline.
- Performing routine patient admission and discharge duties and documenting in the patient record.
- Communicating pertinent information at shift report using the patient plan of care and all appropriate data.
- Assisting in preparing and filing patient charts, and breaking-down cancelled, discharged or rescheduled patient files as appropriate.
- Assisting in reinforcement of patient teaching and reporting patient questions to the RN.
Hoag employees consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel in patient care, and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family. We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- On-site childcare at our Newport Beach location
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy, acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness coaches
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) from the state of California or completion of first semester of Registered Nurse program or equivalency.
- Limited Phlebotomy certification (to be attained within one year of hire, or Registered Nurse license).
- Recent employment as a CNA.
There’s no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California.
We’re an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional patient care – but we can’t do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out this video on YouTube – https://youtu.be/O7YXZfHmhV4.
- Job ID #: 47234
- Type: Per Diem
- Shift: 3rd
Join the conversation and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn @hoagcareers.
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.