QR Code Link to This Post
Ophthalmic Scribe – Retina
Eye Associates Northwest, PC is a premier multi-specialty ophthalmology group focused on delivering exceptional eye care.
We are seeking friendly, reliable, patient-focused candidates for a professional opportunity as an Ophthalmic Scribe. The qualified individual will demonstrate empathy for patient’s needs, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. They will have strong computer skills and attention to detail. Ideal candidates will have two years of experience in a medical office, and a demonstrated comprehension of clinical practices. Prefer experience using an EHR such as NextGen. In addition to a great working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits. We offer 401k with match, health, dental, disability, and vision insurance, free parking or transit card, supplemental benefits, and paid time off.
The Ophthalmic Scribe – Retina accompanies the Retina Specialist as they care for patients, perform exams and procedures, and review medical tests. They are responsible for providing accurate documentation and summarization of the ocular examination and recommendations while maintaining patient flow and communication regarding appointment status. This position is part of the Retina team, and will be regularly scheduled at all four of our Seattle area clinics: Seattle-First Hill, Ballard, Northgate, and Kirkland.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Utilizes NextGen EMR system to accurately and thoroughly document the pertinent elements of the patient encounter, including but not limited to: proper charting of the examination, documenting additions to the chief complaint, symptoms, diagnoses, and assessment and recommendations for treatment (including justification of decisions reached when appropriate).
- Become familiar with the patient’s medical history prior to their visit and help the provider prepare for the patient visit.
- Review medical documentation for errors or inconsistencies, make corrections using appropriate documentation methods, and bring these to the attention of the provider for their approval.
- Maintains an awareness of the patient’s verbal and non-verbal communication when the Ophthalmologist is providing instructions as it may necessitate the scribe repeating information, providing written instructions, and/or patient education materials for the patient to review at home.
- Assist the physician during exam with any necessary procedures or tests.
- Triages phone calls from patients and outside contacts in accordance with the standard of care for Ophthalmology and office policies.
- Completes various documents and forms such as consent forms, medical history, insurance waivers, prescriptions, patient instructions, or surgery scheduling paperwork.
- Alerts eye physician to patient-related forms that need completion.
- Coordinate referrals, communication with other providers involved with the patient’s care, make phone calls, order or obtain lab/radiology tests, and perform other administrative tasks as assigned. Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Two years related ophthalmic or medical experience.
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite required, Basic level in NextGen preferred. Successful scribes will have the ability to type 40 wpm or more and possess a high level of computer literacy.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR/AED, Knowledge of medical coding and medical terminology, and excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Must obtain Ophthalmic Scribe Certification.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree(GED).
- Willing to help in all areas, have flexibility and effectively work in a team environment.
- Professional appearance, strong interpersonal skills, and patient confidentiality.
Apply With Us by Clicking Here
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below