QR Code Link to This Post
The Mental Health Therapist position works with multiple departments and programs to support families and individuals overcome the barriers in their lives. The Mental Health Therapist will assist homeless families and individuals through one-on-one and group sessions using a strengths-based trauma-informed approach.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Collaboratively develop and implement an intake and prioritization system for the program.
2. Provide strength-based trauma-informed sessions to families and individuals.
3. Provide strength-based trauma-informed groups as needs arise.
4. Provide accurate documentation in a timely manner.
5. Provide mental health resources to other departments and programs.
6. Establish and build relationships with other mental health programs.
7. Implement practices consistent with supporting families who have experienced ACES.
8. Attend interagency and networking meetings as appropriate.
9. Actively participate in creating a positive work environment for all employees.
10. Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned and required by program model and funding.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
1. Attend staff meetings.
2. Participate in agency events.
3. Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Mental Health
• Mental Health License or associate licenses with a mental health supervisor you are meeting with weekly
• Understanding of ACES, trauma-informed care and motivational interviewing
• Experience with EMDR preferred
• Experience with DBT preferred
• Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing skills and backgrounds
• Ability to promote a positive, professional collaborative work environment
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to work some evenings
• Washington Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly and extensively required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, may be required to perform repetitious movements for long periods of time in order to complete a task, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to climb, walk, sit, and talk or hear.
• The employee is regularly required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 lbs. frequently. Items that are over 25 lbs. must be lifted, carried, pushed, pulled, or moved with proper equipment for assistance (dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be followed.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work in a general office environment as well as outdoor environment. Possible exposure to weather–heat, wet, cold, wind, and noise.
We at Housing Hope are committed to excelling in creating a holistic, diverse, inclusive, uplifting and appreciative environment. We endeavor to be inter-culturally competent in all our practices and procedures. We embrace and practice a high standard of diversity and inclusion and strive for equity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, status in regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below