QR Code Link to This Post
Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove’s 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
To find out more about Bay Cove and gain access to all of our current openings, click the banner above.
Nurse II – Per Diem
|Requisition #8145||LPN – Per Diem (New Hope TSS, Weymouth)||Schedule: Per Diem||Salary: $30/hr|
Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a LPN- Per Diem for New Hope Program, a sixty-bed short-term residential Transitional Support Services (TSS) program for substance abusing men and women.
We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Be different.
- Lead change.
Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
Medicate PRN, according to standing orders.
- Telephone and initial screen of all patients for admission, obtaining an as medically accurate history as possible.
- Keep accurate nursing notes describing patients’ physical conditions and activities.
- Record all medications.
- Narcotic count at beginning and end of shift.
- Thoroughly and accurately report patients’ status for the oncoming shift.
- Report unusual events to Director of Nurses, Director or Assistant Director.
- Observe for signs and symptoms of medication toxicity/psychiatric in the dually diagnosed.
- Conduct condition checks every hour and more frequently as required in the disorganized and suicidal client.
- Participate in ongoing discharge planning with counseling staff and administrators.
What you will need to bring:
Licensure- Massachusetts registration or license in nursing.
- Experience – Experience involving acute admissions on either a medical, surgical or emergency service preferred.
- Prior substance abuse experience preferred.
- Will train Grads.
- Driving License Required? Yes
Keywords: Nurse, Nursing, Healthcare, Human Services, Substance Abuse, Detox, ATS, Clinical, Medical, Nonprofit, Human Services, Recovery
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove.org/apply/index.cfm?pid=8145.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below