Hennepin Healthcare has a current opening for a Exercise Physiologist in our CSC Cardiac Rehab department. This part-time (0.7 FTE) will working rotating day shift schedule.
Develops, implements, promotes and administers exercise programs and testing, delivering patient intervention as appropriate to ensure procedures achieve desired outcome. Monitors and evaluates treatment and provides patient assessment.
- Evaluate, plan, and administer patient treatment upon referral of physician using all the techniques and modalities of Exercise Physiologist
- Provide risk factor identification and lifestyle management education and service to individuals with or at risk for cardiovascular, pulmonary, and metabolic disease
- Assess vital signs
- ECG rhythm and arrhythmia recognition
- Provide exercise-related consulting for research, public health, and other clinical and non-clinical service programs
- Provide exercise testing administration and patient monitoring of physiological response, prepare preliminary test interpretation with documentation in the electronic health record of services rendered
- Communicates with other health care providers as necessary, recognizing critical results and communicating urgently
- Checks equipment prior to patient testing, ensuring proper operation
- Administer cardiac life support during medical emergencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires BS or BA in Physical Education, Recreational Therapy, or Exercise Physiology
- An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification, experience or training equivalent to that specified for an ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Exercise Specialist within 6 months of hire
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
- Experience or internship with Cardiac Rehab or Exercise Stress Testing
- At least 2 years of cardiovascular healthcare experience
You’ve made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients’ lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.
Department: CSC Outpatient Cardiac Rehab
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis-Downtown Campus
Standard Hours/FTE Status: FTE = 0.70 (56 hours per pay period)
Shift Detail: Day, Rotating
Job Level: Staff
Employee Status: Regular
Eligible for Benefits: Yes
Union/Non Union: Non-Union
Job Posting: Dec-21-2018
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below