Recruiter: Lexie Mertens
Email: [email protected]
Come join our growing team! Forefront Dermatology is expanding into new states and continually adding new providers and services. Due to our expansive growth, we have an immediate need for a Clinical Assistant in our Hancock, MI clinic! Here is your opportunity to be a part of Forefront Dermatology!
**This position will work approximately 8-16 hours per month**
The Clinical Assistant is essential during the patient visit, rooming the patient, getting appropriate intake information, and giving the report to the dermatologist. This position also accompanies the dermatologist in the room with the patient and scribes the information from the dermatologist about the visit. The Clinical Assistant also prepares for procedures and assists as necessary. Other duties of the Clinical Assistant may include: drawing blood, suture removals, treating patients scheduled for phototherapy, sterilizing instruments, stocking exam rooms and addressing phone notes and prior authorizations as needed while promoting a friendly and efficient environment for patients, staff, and dermatologists.
- Rooms patients and documents all vital information prior to exam with the dermatologist.
- Scribes information for the dermatologist regarding the patient encounter.
- Provides informed consents to patients prior to procedures.
- Assists the dermatologist with, or under the supervision of the dermatologist performs, procedures such as: Surgical photographs, Biopsies – punch, DIF and shave, Excisions, Electrodescication and curettage, I&D, and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery.
- Works under the supervision of the dermatologist to perform the following duties: Phototherapy, Injections, Koh preps, Trichograms, Tzank preps, Dermabrasion, Patch testing, or Blue light.
- Provides post op wound care to patients following procedures.
- Continually learn and be able to explain new and existing dermatological conditions.
- Performs recording / maintaining patient logs such as biopsy log and laboratory test log.
- Schedules patient appointments following standard procedure and appointment templates
- Assists patients with EHR patient portal registration.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
Have your MA degree but not yet certified? Not to worry! We’ll help get you there!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 1-2 years of recent experience in a medical office in a similar capacity is preferred.
- Must keep current on all state certifications, licenses and/or registrations to continue employment.
- Must attend mandatory meetings, including but not limited to, Customer service and Staff meetings.
- Must be willing to travel to other clinic locations as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizational, computer, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff, board, clients, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to use time productively and contribute to high levels of company operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to communicate in an active multi-office environment.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job related office equipment (telephone, computer, calculator, fax, and copier).
- Ability to communicate via telephone.
Here are just a few things we offer:
- Great pay
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Applications will be emailed to: [email protected]
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below