The Residential Advocate works in our shelter with survivors of domestic violence and their children to address issues including housing, benefits, employment, childcare, medical and dental care, education, legal, immigration, mental health and substance abuse.
- Complete intakes as needed for shelter and safe home.
- Provide crisis intervention, safety planning and information about domestic violence programs and resources to safe home guests and assist them in finding shelter when appropriate.
- Assist survivors with arranging for transportation to and from appointments.
- Inform clients about domestic violence and community services, making necessary referrals and assist in planning for resources they may need when they move into another program.
- Assist in answering calls received over the hotline.
- Maintain all records including service delivery records, advocacy plans and other documentation per confidentiality guidelines.
- Initiate and help plan special shelter events.
- Maintain daily guest communications log, and document changes in policies/procedures, etc.
- Attend relevant trainings or events as directed.
- Assist other staff with direct service responsibilities.
Mostly weekdays, evenings and nights with occasional weekend and holiday required. 2 PM-11 PM or 11 PM-7 AM.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in social services, customer service, or a related field. Work experience must closely align with the essential job functions listed above.
- High School diploma or GED certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to supporting and empowering victims of crime and advocating against violence and sexual violence in our community and our society.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge, experience and demonstration of skill in any or all of the following: crisis intervention; hotline and emergency response; victim’s rights and available services; domestic violence; sexual violence; law enforcement and court procedures.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below