QR Code Link to This Post
Full-time Kennel Technician needed for busy veterinary hospital. This position is responsible for the general care of all hospitalized and boarding patients. Applicants must be mature, responsible, punctual and dependable. Pets in our facility must be cared for promptly, every day. Little or no absenteeism is extremely important. Experience is not necessary, however a genuine love for animals is a must. You must be able to properly handle dogs of all sizes, as well as be comfortable with handling cats, birds and other exotics (small animals and reptiles).
You must be able to squat, stoop, bend, and lift up to 35lbs unaided. Occasionally, you may be requested to aid in lifting patients weighing 80 to 100lbs.
General duties include, but are not limited to:
• Proper feeding and watering of all animals in the hospital
• Walking dogs multiple times a day
• Maintain cleanliness of the hospital by disinfecting cages and floors daily
• Scooping poop to maintain the exterior grounds
• Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting indoor areas daily
• Minor repairs and upkeep of hospital equipment
• Daily trash collection and disposal
• Interacting with clients when pets arrive and depart
• Ensuring all pets are clean and look their best prior to be departure
• Bathing, brushing, and clipping nails
• Assist in restraining animals for services such as injections, nail trims, physical exams.
The Kennel Technician helps the technicians, doctors, and receptionists in all duties of the hospital. The responsibilities can vary with current needs of the health care team and the individual abilities demonstrated by the employee. This position requires working weekends and holidays on a rotation basis and you must be available to work when we are open during the week.
Please email your resume and cover letter to apply.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below