We are hiring for a Registered Nurse, (RN), to work in our Delivery Room to work Full-Time in Valdosta, Georgia. This Full-Time position will be 7on/7off night shift.
The Registered Nurse job in the Delivery Room consists of Registered Nurses who assist our doctors with expecting mothers and their newborns in the delivery rooms. The Registered Nurse in this department monitors mothers and diagnosis as well as updates data. The Registered Nurse will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, the Registered Nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. Within this position, the Registered Nurse will provide specialized nursing care excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Delivery Room Registered Nurse Job Requirements:
- Current RN License in State of Georgia
- CPR required
- One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred
- Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member
- Demonstrated ability to assess and adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues
- Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation
Delivery Room Registered Nurse Job Position Summary:
- Must be able to help support the mother during childbirth or labor procedure
- Required to monitor the baby’s heart rate and the mother’s health
- Must be familiar with measurement of contractions before childbirth regarding strength and time
- Assist the doctor to administer specific medication for the mother as well as assist in conducting a diagnosis
- Must be able to work as a team with physicians and the care team
- Assist in the labor room with inducing childbirth. In fact, the Labor and Delivery Room Nurse is required and needed to coach the mother during the childbirth process
- To assist with performing diagnosis on newborns and monitoring the progress of newborns
- Must be able to educate and assist mothers and their families about newborn care and related topics
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced hospital environment
- Possess excellent communication skills, verbally and written as well as a pleasant personality
7on/7off Night Shift 11-7
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is located in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system’s facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
If you would like to work on a highly regarded team, while improving your skills and working with the latest technology, please apply! You may contact our recruiter at [email protected]
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below