PSI – Staff Pharmacist (Per Diem / PRN)
Berger Health System – Circleville, OH
PSI is hiring a PRN non-exempt, Staff Pharmacist. The staff pharmacist positions reports to the Director of Pharmacy with PSI & is located at Berger Heath System, Hospital Inpatient Pharmacy located in Circleville, OH.
ABOUT: Berger Health System is an 82-bed general medical and surgical hospital equipped with some of the most progressive technologies available. The Pharmacy Department partners and consults with a supportive Physician and Nursing staff to continue the efforts of building and growing the clinical services at the facility. Berger Health System has made a commitment to accreditation and to positive patient outcomes through evidence-based care processes and has earned both, The Joint Commission’s: Gold Seal of Approval ® , & the recognition as being one of the nation’s Top Performer on Key Quality Measures ®.
Hours of Pharmacy Operation: are: 7:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Friday and 7:00 am – 4:30 pm Sat/Sun/Holidays.
- Read and interpret physicians’ orders and ensure appropriate dispensing and follow-up related to drug therapy to promote the safe and effective use of drugs within the hospital.
- Evaluate drug orders for appropriateness with regard to patient condition, organ function, disease state, and concomitant therapies to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Consult with and provide information and guidance to various Medical, Nursing, and other Health Care Professionals concerning drugs and their appropriate use to promote safe and effective drug therapy.
- Ensure that drugs are available to patients at the time they are needed to avoid delays in therapy and promote positive patient outcomes.
- Interact with patients to determine allergy status, medication history, medication-taking behavior, health status and to educate patients regarding therapy as necessary.
- Respond to emergency situations outside of regularly scheduled work hours to meet patients’ drug needs.
- Assume the duties of the Director of Pharmacy in his/her absence to manage the daily activities of the department.
Ohio pharmacist license in good standing and
Flexibility to work varied schedule as needed.
Prior experience in a hospital inpatient setting a plus &
Knowledge with MediTech and Pyxis preferred
About PSI:For over 45 years, Pharmacy Systems, Inc . has been the leader in hospital pharmacy management and clinical consulting services throughout the Midwest. We offer foundations for implementation of operational and clinical programs and policies and procedures to support hospital staff and patients over an entire continuum of pharmaceutical care. Our clients include acute care hospitals and health systems, hospital corporations, specialty hospitals-orthopedic, surgical, long-term acute care, and rehabilitation.
Rewards: PSI full-time employees enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance / 401(k) with a Match / Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off (PTO) Program / Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability / Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance / Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts / and More.
For Over 45 years, Pharmacy Systems, Inc. has been the leader in hospital pharmacy management and clinical consulting services throughout the Midwest. We offer foundations for implementation of operational and clinical programs and policies and procedures to support hospital staff and patients over an entire continuum of pharmaceutical care. Our clients include acute care hospitals and health systems, hospital corporations, specialty hospitals-orthopedic, surgical, long-term acute care, and rehabilitation.
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of pharmacy support services to more than 700 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico. CPS helps hospital pharmacists tackle complex problems such as medication reconciliation, hyper-inflated drug costs, standardization, centralized distribution, regulatory & compliance, and 340B programs leading to increased quality, reduced admissions and lower costs. Services provided by CPS include pharmacy management, pharmacy consulting, specialized pharmacy services, telepharmacy, 340B program compliance assurance, ambulatory & retail pharmacy services, medication related transition of care, and pharmacy analytics. For more information, visit http://www.cpspharm.com.
For a complete listing of open PSI positions (operations, clinical & corporate) visit the career page at www.pharmacysystems.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below