Unable to save this job. Please try again later.
To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Already have an account?
Sign in to apply with your saved resumes.
New to CareerBuilder?
Don’t have an account? Continue as a guest!
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Fresh Market, Inc
Experience – Greater than 15 years
Other Great Industries
Admin – Clerical, Customer Service
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a key member of the Meat/Seafood department, the Meat/Seafood Clerk assists our customers in choosing high quality and unique meats, seafood’s, and other various specialty meat/seafood items, including convenient meal solutions. Meat/Seafood Clerks work in a fast paced, multitasked environment. Primary job duties include wrapping and packaging meat/seafood, rotating product in the display case, keeping the department clean at all times, setting up/breaking down display case, answering customer questions regarding services and products offered, and providing excellent customer service. Responsible for following all departmental and store policies and procedures.
- Handling a variety of the department’s specialty meats and seafood throughout the day per specific customer requests and to maintain quality product levels all while ensuring outstanding customer service at the counter.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department; ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to ensure the highest quality products and supplies are available to complete tasks efficiently. Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing, and breaking down meat and seafood products.
- Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking cases and coolers with products; Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when filling items are running below acceptable levels.
- Physically making meat and seafood items according to TFM written recipes and processes for preparing, assembling, and mixing fresh ingredients. Preparation includes a variety of steps that may include: marinating, seasoning, cutting, chopping, slicing, and mixing meats, produce, and other food products together as indicated within TFM recipes.
- Follow and utilize the department production tools and perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression. Prep area cleaning includes taking apart, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, prep-tables, pans, and utensils, and washing floors, walls, coolers, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager. Must wear approved hat or hair net.
- Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Being able to listen to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring practices are strictly adhered to
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- The safe and proper handling of slicers, knives and other kitchen utensils and equipment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be ‘at will,’ meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent’s employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this ‘at will’ employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.