Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Company Name: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Intern/Co-op
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Are you a self-starter looking for a challenging opportunity, where you can gain conference planning experience? Marathon Petroleum Company can help get you there. MPC has an opportunity within our Conference Services department where you can add value and grow professionally. You will have the opportunity to work in a team oriented environment that fosters coaching and support. This position will be based in Findlay, OH.
- Works with the Conference Services Supervisor to plan and coordinate company-wide arrangements for Marathon Petroleum Board Meetings, Analyst meetings, and other similar functions attended by Company executives and Board Members, Company management, industry peers and customers.
- Plans and schedules activities/events that involve Company executives, Board Members and high-level management to be held within and outside of Company facilities. Works directly with management in organizing activities through personal contact, verbal and written correspondence. Participates in contract negotiations and evaluations with a variety of vendors for meetings including hotel rooms and use of facilities, tours, luncheons, dinners, transportation, AV and other request. Works with the Conference Services Supervisor in planning, security arrangements and administration of meetings and events with other organizations as necessary.
- Arranges for supplemental materials to be prepared as necessary for projects and activities. Prepares written communication for meetings, both externally and internally. Works with the Tax Department to ensure trips meet tax guidelines.
- Works well as a member of a team to function effectively with colleagues, supervisors, executives, Board Members and clients. Maintains a high level of confidentiality as needed in the various interactions with these groups. Exceptional interpersonal skills required to maintain appropriate flow of executive communications.
- Prepares budgets for activities/events, tracks costs for the activities/events, and prepares post-audit reports to analyze the results of company activities/events with a cost-effective perspective. Audits all invoices before submitting for payment. Provides Cost Benefit Analysis report that identifies actual meeting expenditures, as well as cost savings achieved.
- Along with the Conference Services Supervisor, assists in the management of MPC’s Corporate Logo Program. Coordinates production of promotional materials for high impact meetings.
- Conducts certain liaison activities among all company components and suppliers to support the objectives and activities of Company executives, management, industry peers and customers.
- Uses safe work practices in daily job responsibilities and complies with all company safety procedures, practices and regulations.
- Is required to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion related to meeting and function preparations.
- Travel is required to various field and off-site locations for related assignments.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Major: Hospitality Management or Sport and Event Management
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation s largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC s high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Job Function: InternCoop
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at 866-492-7802 . Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Findlay OH, United States of America
Marathon Petroleum Corporation and Speedway
Marathon Petroleum Corporation and Speedway
12/19/2018 1:21:13 AM
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.