QR Code Link to This Post
Cardiology practice in Oakland is looking for an EKG/Treadmill Tech. The Treadmill Tech will operate treadmill equipment by applying leads to patients to record variations in the action of the heart muscle for use in the diagnosis of heart ailments in an out-patient setting. In addition, will prepare patient for treadmill procedures, obtain cardiographs and prepare reports, completes all documentation and performs various clerical duties as needed. Must be able to recognize, distinguish, and act upon cardiac rhythms as required as part of stress testing or monitoring. Position interacts with radioactive patients, hooks up patients for stress testing and monitoring.
• Greets patients in a pleasant and professional manner. Prepares and explains procedures to patient.
• Operates treadmill equipment by applying leads to patients.
• Prepares EKG tracing for interpretation indicating the required demographic information
• Prepares patients for the following procedures: Holter hook-up, Event monitor hook-up, holter downloading and registration, and treadmills.
• Prepares paperwork and EKG-s for physician interpretation of inpatients and outpatients. Notifies physician of abnormal test results.
• Performs ABI’s and segmental pressures exams.
• Maintains files, makes copies of cardiac procedures and assists with any other paperwork as required.
• Maintains a safe and orderly work area.
• Answers telephone, assist with scheduling and relays messages.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
• Successful completion of an EKG program is required with knowledge of all cardiac rhythms.
• Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) certification for EKG/Treadmill Tech is preferable but not required.
Those with medical assisting, EMT or other related positions (with EKG training) are welcome to apply.
We offer excellent pay and benefits. Apply now for immediate consideration.
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below