Job Title: Assistant Program Supervisor/Residential Treatment, Wooster
Normal Working Hours: Full-time; hours will vary; on-call periods as assigned; additionally as needed to staff holidays and weekends
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Direct Reports: Behavioral Management Specialists, Youth Care Specialists, and Transportation/Behavioral Aides
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Works with Program Supervisor to provide formal supervision of direct reports including, but not limited to providing instruction and direct observation in behavior management, supervision of cafeteria youth behavioral management, completing campus rounds to assist direct reports as needed, creation of a positive environment, communication skills, and developing appropriate/therapeutic relationships. Provides input into performance reviews for direct reports; ensures yearly training is completed to ODJFS standards. (30% Importance Rating/35% of Time Spent)
- Works with counseling groups and ensures proper coverage and provides feedback to direct supervisor regarding staff assistance in counseling groups. Complete accompanying paperwork. Supports the treatment plans for each resident regarding group counseling sessions and assists Clinical Therapist with developing intervention techniques. (10% Importance Rating/10% of Time Spent)
- Requires extensive on-call responsibilities including, but not limited to handling emergency situations and helping during staff shortages for any reason (ex. severe weather). Completes other administrative tasks including, but not limited to, assisting in the creation of weekly staff schedules; arranging coverage for absent staff; assisting in inspecting facilities to ensure licensing, health, safety, and maintenance requirements are met; assisting during special events, recreation time, and transportation efforts; and requisitioning/approving provisions including clothing, canteen orders, and Christmas shopping. (40% Importance Rating/35% of Time Spent)
- Involvement in youth discipline situations on a daily basis with individuals or groups, as the need arises, including Juvenile Court involvement and crisis intervention. (20% Importance Rating/20% of Time Spent)
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer; familiarity with Word, Excel, and Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Bachelor’s degree with supervisory experience, preferred. Associates degree with at least 2 years of residential treatment experience and willing to obtain Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Strong communication skills, de- escalation/conflict management skills, and time management skills.
- If after shift, the supervisor retains on-call status, the supervisor must remain within 25 minutes of campus.
- Ability to comply with The Village Network requirements for using restraints including sufficient strength and completion of extensive training. Physical ability to respond to crisis.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintains a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable with the insurance company providing The Village Network with vehicle insurance.
Please visit for more information and to complete a full job application.
Company Description At The Village Network, one of Ohio’s leading private community services, residential treatment, and treatment foster care providers, our goal is to make a difference in the lives of children and teens through the highest quality of service possible. By joining our organization, you can help us achieve our goal, and make a positive difference in the lives of our community’s most precious asset, our future, our youth.
Wooster, Ohio, United States of America
The Village Network
The Village Network
12/19/2018 6:34:03 AM
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.