Currently hiring at Sprouts location on: 10111 S. Memorial Dr., Bixby, OK 74133
If you’d be excited to work in a professional kitchen preparing and cooking meals, consider applying for the position of Deli Clerk. As one of the fastest growing natural foods retailers, we’re seeking team members who are excited to share their passion for food.
As a Deli Clerk, you will have a role in helping customers make healthy food choices by preparing “fresh and easy meals” and providing a high level of customer service in one of our most popular departments! Whether you are arranging vegetables or sliced meats for our famous made-to-order sandwiches or helping a customer with their catering order, you are serving our customers with your knowledge of our meats, cheeses and different items in the Deli department. Working in our Deli Department demands food safety knowledge to properly maintain and manage our high standards. The opportunities for growth in the Deli Department are plentiful with opportunities to learn more about products, equipment and how to be a customer service expert for our valued customers. If you thrive in a fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you.
To be a Deli Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and experience working in grocery, restaurant, or related field; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Be dependable and reliable
- Have and show an outgoing, friendly behavior with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to answer phones and take special orders
- Must be able to lift/carry product horizontally/vertically weighing up to 70 lbs., from 4” to 60”, for a distance up to 20 feet without mechanical assistance for up to 4 hours
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hour continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift.
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Operate a slicer, wrapping and cooking equipment; assisting in maintaining all equipment in safe working condition.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations; achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit
- Be able to work in different temperature environments (cooler and freezer).
- Other related duties as assigned.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Participation in Telemedicine: Teledoc
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Job Type: Part-time
- Grocery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stocking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Tulsa, OK (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below