Be a part of ONE Team ONE Mission at Community Financial Credit Union!
Would you like to be part of an organization that believes in being passionate about what you do?
Do you want the ability to be involved in the community you work in and spending time involved with numerous charitable organizations?
Come grow with the CFCU family where we put our members and team members first!
Our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental, and vision with a generous time-off package, matching 401K, and paid time off to do volunteer work.
It all began back in 1951 when the beloved Daisy Air Rifle Company, Plymouth’s principal employer, formed the Daisy Employees Federal Credit Union. We have grown to locations in Plymouth, Canton, Novi, Northville and Livonia, Westland and soon Wixom, along with branches in our Northern Michigan communities of Gaylord, Atlanta, Hillman and Lewiston.
A Day in the Life of our Financial Sales Representative:
This individual serves as the credit union’s front-line Financial Sales Representative and is responsible for creating a welcoming environment and impression for members. This individual is also responsible for building relationships by seeking out every opportunity to enhance the financial well-being of each and every member.
This is a full-time position Monday–Saturday, with a day off during the week.
Work schedule varies based on branch needs.
Compensation starts at $19/hour.
The minimum requirement for any team member of our company is to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity standards and regulations. We also require, as a minimum standard, that all team members have the ability to accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Meet/exceed individual sales goals and service level goals.
- Sell credit union products and services based on member needs obtained during the member profile interview.
- Follow up on MRM activity and sales leads.
- Develop and maintain detailed profiles and plans for each member, including commercial, investment and mortgage referrals, to meet the full range of member needs.
- Perform data entry on new accounts and consumer loans accurately.
- Maintain and promote the credit union’s service philosophies towards both internal and external members at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed by leadership.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated Sales skills.
- Ability to successfully complete the MLO background check process to obtain NMLS.
- Proficiency using Excel and Word.
- College degree.
- 1 year of retail or sales experience in the financial industry.
- Member-focused: Championing our service philosophies to all internal & external members.
- Productive: Achieving excellence with attention to detail.
- Proactive: Taking initiative and ownership.
- Analytical: Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Organized: Efficiently managing time and other resources.
- Communicative: Accurately expressing oneself verbally and in writing.
- Supportive: Being approachable, respectful, and team-oriented.
- Teachable: Embracing continuous improvement.
- Confidential: Maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Compliant: Respecting regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Computer proficient: Adept at using computers.
This position works in-office. In-office working conditions are normal. Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, such as robbery. Receives detailed instructions and security procedures on an annual basis to minimize risk. Lighting, temperature, audio, and work space are all sufficient. Work requires the ability to constantly operate a computer and the ability to read, type, and communicate. Work also requires lifting up to 50 pounds of work-related supplies.
Disclaimer/Intent and Function of Job Descriptions:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. Because the nature of positions and job functions can change over time, this job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all essential functions, duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. Job duties may be changed or modified in the Credit Union’s discretion. The Credit Union will keep team members updated on key functions, duties, and requirements of their position by communications from the Credit Union and by updating the job description from time to time. Any team member with questions about the nature of their job duties is encouraged to consult with his or her supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Community Financial Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or local laws.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.