The Environmental Services Aide position provides cleaning and environmental infection control services clinic wide, as well as, some minor maintenance and repair services. This work is done under the direct supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor. This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment for all staff and visitors at CHC facilities. This is a weekend position. Individual will clean specific clinics after they close. Opportunities for other days are possible but not mandated.
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
- Works independently and is self-directed.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
- Produces work in high quantity and quality.
- Possesses a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and other building systems.
- Possesses a basic understanding of janitorial equipment and supplies.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- No previous experience necessary.
- Familiarity in working in medical facilities/clinics.
- Driver’s license with the State of Washington.
- Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Follows established daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cleaning schedule as outlined by supervisor.
2. Demonstrates proper cleaning technique according to product recommendations in support of environmental infection control.
3. Demonstrates proper use of equipment and supplies.
4. Demonstrates the ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
5. Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
6. Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
7. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
8. Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
9. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.