Founded in 1955, Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
CENTRAL SERVICE TECH
CENTRAL STERILIZATION UNIT
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
The CENTRAL SERVICE TECH provides using departments with routine supplies both patient and non-patient chargeable. Cleans and/or sterilizes equipment and supplies for all user departments using the current approved cleaning and sterilization techniques. All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. The CENTRAL SERVICE TECH is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner with respect and dignity .
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum two (2) years technical operating/instrument room experience or graduation from vocational school with certification in sterile processing required
- Prior large Hospital/acute care experience preferred
- Above average interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Fluent English language skills (verbal and written) required
- Must be committed to quality, patient care/customer service
- Knowledge of specialty instruments and thorough knowledge of sterilization and disinfecting parameters (steam, ETO, Cidex, Steris) required
- Familiarity with current Federal and state laws and regulations as related to specialty
- Current Central Service Technician certification (CSIT, CRCST) required
- Current AHA BLS card and Fire Card (upon hire) required
- This position is represented by SEIU-UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.