QR Code Link to This Post
The Cedars of Marin provides residential and day programs for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by cultivating their interests, skills and independence to live creative, productive and joyous lives. Since 1919 Cedars has served more than 2,500 individuals and currently serves over 160 adults. Cedars recently won an award, One of the Top 100 Healthiest Companies to work for in the Bay Area, for 2016 and 2017! We have a great benefits with a Wellness plan to help you completely fund your medical deductible, come be one of Cedars healthiest employees. Cedars will train you and help you earn a Direct Support Professional Certification.
Our residential staff is responsible for supporting the daily living activities of adults with intellectual, developmental disabilities. As a Direct Support Professional you will:
• Assist with goals toward independent living and recreational activities using a positive supportive approach.
• Maintain a clean, safe and healthy home environment.
• Assist residents with cooking and housekeeping.
• Assist with personal hygiene needs including showering etc.
Cedars residential programs run 24/7. Some weekend availability may be required.
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS — entry level, will train! Many shifts available. Fill-in with variable hours is ideal for newly retired or empty nesters that are looking for a large social purpose that is rewarding.
• Love of people along with a desire to help others achieve their potential.
• Common sense, good judgment, ability to think ahead, and take initiative.
• Experience with adults with intellectual developmental disabilities is helpful.
• Ability to use email and computer is necessary.
• Have current CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to acquire it.
• MUST be able to drive a regular passenger van: Valid California drivers license, Clean DMV record.
• Need to pass criminal background check, an occupational health physical, including TB Test.
• Candidates must pass both DSP (Direct Support Professional) I and II (or posses the certifications), within first 12 and 24 months of hire, Cedars will help set up classes for certifications.
• Must be able to Communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally.
Benefits Available for Full Time, Regular Employees:
• Medical, Dental and Vision, for self and family
• Flexible Spending Account Plan
• Paid vacation and Holidays
• Retirement plan 403(b)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to
Diversity Statement The Cedars of Marin does not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities. The person named below has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s regulations implementing Section 504 (24 CFR, part 8, dated June 2, 1988. Katherine Noel P.O. Box 947, Ross, CA 94957, 415-455-1715, ext. 356, TTY 800-735-2929 or 711. TTY: 1-800-735-2929 or 711. Please do not contact Katherine Noel regarding this job ad. The above phone number is only for HUD inquiries.
• Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
• Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
To Apply to this job Please go to website address given in Source below