What does a CSA/GOA do for Allegiant?
This position is responsible for providing customer service to all customers, including scheduled or charter services. Responsibilities will also include ground operations, aircraft cleaning, security, operations and commissary duties as required.
What are some of the daily duties of a CSA/GOA?
- Process tickets, check baggage, monitor carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assign seats
- Provide information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seating arrangements
- Handle denied boarding situations, solicit volunteers, re-accommodate customers and provide hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate
- Ensure FAA, Allegiant Air and airport regulations are followed
- Enforce safety/security measures and monitors safety sensitive zones
- Assist Customers with special needs, i.e., Customers who need assistance in boarding
- Load and unload baggage and co-mail of various weight and dimensions to and from aircraft and applicable airport baggage areas
- Marshal in the planes and push back the aircraft
- Operate heavy, motorized machinery/equipment including, but not limited to tugs, tractors, belt loaders, bag carts, push-back tractors, deicers, etc.
- Coordinate, provide training and ensure training requirements are met for all employees, i.e., new hire, recurrent, supplemental and local training issues
- Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a CSA/GOA?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year Customer Service experience or the equivalent in related training and/or experience; Airline industry preferred
- No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a CSA/GOA?
- Basic computer skills; Knowledge of general office equipment
- Must be people oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude
- Must be available to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays and must be able to stay late for irregular operations
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be well groomed and adhere to dress code policy
- Work in extreme outdoor conditions
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 300 lbs on a continuous basis
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
- Able to attend required training
TRAINEE STATUS:Upon offer of employment, you will remain in trainee status until successful completion of all practical and written curriculum is completed
What are the physical requirements of a CSA/GOA?
Must be able to push/pull 300 pounds. Must be able to pick up 70 pounds, from the floor to waist level or higher then carry it in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet and have the ability to lift that same weight above shoulders on a continuous basis; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.