EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that’s why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we’ve been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief
Associate Software Engineer (Full Time, Starting Summer 2019)
Opportunities based in Washington, D.C., Richmond, VA and Birmingham, AL.
- Working with product managers and other stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implementing solutions including code development and database design
- Ensuring high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issue
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in technical field
- Ability to work with engineers and product management teams in requirements definition, design, and development of software products
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Software design experience leveraging object-oriented patterns, SOLID, TDD, and other modern software engineering principles
- Knowledge of developing scalable and performant applications
- Flexibility to work across a variety of software-related disciplines: solution design, agile development, unit testing, refactoring, and build/deployment automation
- Experience with design and development of database applications using ORM frameworks and SQL
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.